One of the things that’s been daunting about working on my Windsor St Yard layout has been the sheer amount of track that needed to be ballasted: lots of mainline, and even more yard trackage. I’ve been progressing on the mains, but last night I dove into the actual yard trackage.
I’m currently working with someone to help refine the phase 2 of my Windsor St Yard layout. The starting point is a questionnaire which got me thinking that I really haven’t explained my overall plan for the Windsor St Yard layout here. So that’s what I’m going to do.
Converting the engine terminal from its original use when it was Hagerstown to its current use as Windsor St is one of the bigger scenicing jobs on the layout. This weekend, I made a big step forward on it.
Now that I have some ground cover and trees in, 1/4 of the layout is starting to look like something. Here are a few photos of it.
While I’ve been dealing with insurance companies and prepping my basement for its new resident (a big fun piece of Lee’s former WM), I’ve been somewhat stagnant modeling wise.
One of my goals with the NCR shelf layout I’m working on is to try and compress as few items as possible. This includes the actual railroad right of way. Many model railroads tend to completely ignore the mechanics of prototype rights of way (drainage, spacing, sub-roadbed standards, etc…), and I didn’t want to be […]
We bought a house. It’s time to fill up the basement with a layout.
A quick map of the NCR, as I plan to model it.
Over the past few months I’ve been collecting research photos from my trips along what’s left of the Northern Central. This gallery consists of general images, but I plan on adding more, more specific galleries as time goes on. https://picasaweb.google.com/103328750375507168249/NorthernCentralReserchPhotos
This is a brief explanation of the line that I’m focusing on modeling.