I’m still intimidated by York itself (and its multiple square feet of structures and hardscape), but I’ve made progress nonetheless.
I feel bad that I haven’t been posting much of my recent progress, so here’s a catchup.
I realized I should probably jot this down for anyone looking to model winter forests.
More progress on scenery this week. Now, the Black Bridge area.
Things have progressed to the point where I can now get some ground cover down at Hanover Junction.
I realized that, while I’ve been very busy on the layout, I haven’t posted many updates on it lately, so here’s a big cumulative update on where things sit at the beginning of October 2016.
I’ve long been planning to use photo backgrounds, and now that I’ve gotten my printer running again, I started trying some out.
I’ve realized that I’m applying Agile software development principles to my layout construction: thinking in terms of sprints, and most important, thinking about always having a “shippable” product. That means sometimes spending a bit more time along the way, but it also means having something in my basement I don’t hate until it’s finished. In […]
I’m happy with the progress I’m making bringing the Windsor St yard to life with some vegetation and other ground cover. Here are some recent photos.
One of the things that’s been daunting about working on my Windsor St Yard layout has been the sheer amount of track that needed to be ballasted: lots of mainline, and even more yard trackage. I’ve been progressing on the mains, but last night I dove into the actual yard trackage.