I’m still intimidated by York itself (and its multiple square feet of structures and hardscape), but I’ve made progress nonetheless.
I’m doing some testing with larger photo backdrops. I’m pretty happy with the way this is turning out.
I feel bad that I haven’t been posting much of my recent progress, so here’s a catchup.
More progress on scenery this week. Now, the Black Bridge area.
Back in the 90s, there was a dinner train operation on the Northern Central. I recently came across a Youtube video of the operation in action. It nicely demonstrates why the NCR is so charming. While the nature of the line would’ve been somewhat different in my scenario (lacking a hiking trail, and with a […]
One of the things that’s been daunting about working on my Windsor St Yard layout has been the sheer amount of track that needed to be ballasted: lots of mainline, and even more yard trackage. I’ve been progressing on the mains, but last night I dove into the actual yard trackage.
I’m currently working with someone to help refine the phase 2 of my Windsor St Yard layout. The starting point is a questionnaire which got me thinking that I really haven’t explained my overall plan for the Windsor St Yard layout here. So that’s what I’m going to do.
Converting the engine terminal from its original use when it was Hagerstown to its current use as Windsor St is one of the bigger scenicing jobs on the layout. This weekend, I made a big step forward on it.
Now that I have some ground cover and trees in, 1/4 of the layout is starting to look like something. Here are a few photos of it.
While I’ve been dealing with insurance companies and prepping my basement for its new resident (a big fun piece of Lee’s former WM), I’ve been somewhat stagnant modeling wise.