I realized I should probably jot this down for anyone looking to model winter forests.
Things have progressed to the point where I can now get some ground cover down at Hanover Junction.
One of the things that’s been daunting about working on my Windsor St Yard layout has been the sheer amount of track that needed to be ballasted: lots of mainline, and even more yard trackage. I’ve been progressing on the mains, but last night I dove into the actual yard trackage.
Converting the engine terminal from its original use when it was Hagerstown to its current use as Windsor St is one of the bigger scenicing jobs on the layout. This weekend, I made a big step forward on it.
Woodland Scenics has, for years, been the default ballast choice of model railroaders. I’m not happy with it though, so I went looking for something better. I found it in sanded grout.