I’ve been spending a lot of time working on downtown York, which believe me, EATS time. However, I took a few minutes to finish ballasting Black Bridge. Here are a pair of photos.
I’m still intimidated by York itself (and its multiple square feet of structures and hardscape), but I’ve made progress nonetheless.
One of the things that’s been daunting about working on my Windsor St Yard layout has been the sheer amount of track that needed to be ballasted: lots of mainline, and even more yard trackage. I’ve been progressing on the mains, but last night I dove into the actual yard trackage.
Converting the engine terminal from its original use when it was Hagerstown to its current use as Windsor St is one of the bigger scenicing jobs on the layout. This weekend, I made a big step forward on it.
Woodland Scenics has, for years, been the default ballast choice of model railroaders. I’m not happy with it though, so I went looking for something better. I found it in sanded grout.
One of my goals with the NCR shelf layout I’m working on is to try and compress as few items as possible. This includes the actual railroad right of way. Many model railroads tend to completely ignore the mechanics of prototype rights of way (drainage, spacing, sub-roadbed standards, etc…), and I didn’t want to be […]