I’ve been making some progress on the Windsor St Yard layout. Nothing incredible, but necessary nonetheless.
Micro Slide Switches are a great way to control N scale turnouts, but they’re tough to solidly mount when you’re using something soft as your scenery base. I’ve developed a trick to solve that problem.
Years ago I picked up one of the Atlas NE6 cabooses when they first came out. I did some work on it, but realized I wasn’t happy with what I had done. That car got retired and replaced by a newer model, purchased at a recent train show.
I’m using the post-holiday downtime to make some progress on a few projects I’ve got going: repairing my GP10 5863, detailing my new SW1500s: 9590 and 9594, and detailing my new GP7 5601.
I’ve been interested in the TTRAK modular model railroading format since it came out. When BANTRAK started TTRAK activities, I decided that I wanted to try and see what I could do with the format.
Woodland Scenics has, for years, been the default ballast choice of model railroaders. I’m not happy with it though, so I went looking for something better. I found it in sanded grout.